Aevalyn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aevalyn

A place to discuss the online story of Aevalyn

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Roleplay...

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Skootle
Admin
Skootle

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2008-05-30

Roleplay... Empty
PostSubject: Roleplay...   Roleplay... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 9:40 pm

(OOC: So, this is happening while Caitrin and everyone is doing there thing, directly before Riddel's chapter)
Staring out the window, Riddel sat, a book forgotten in her lap. The sun streamed down in peaceful rays, slightly subdued by the great clouds in the sky. Mr Heller looked over to Riddel, and said with a smile.
"It's a great day outside, and some fresh air would do you well. Go on, get something for us to eat."
Riddel nodded, replacing the book carefully in the shelf, and walked outside.
(I realized I haven't mentioned much about Firel, so I'll give a brief descrip here)
The tall buildings reached into the sky, and there were merchants everywhere, selling various items. There was always a layer of dust on the ground, Riddel thought quietly that with all the technological advances, that they could have least come up with something that could get rid of the constant dust.

(hope that gives you enough to spring off of)
Back to top Go down
http://aevalyn.googlepage.com
xbsquirrel
xbsquirrel

Number of posts : 76
Personal Quote : I'll respect what you like even if I don't like it as long as you respect what I like.
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Roleplay... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay...   Roleplay... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 9:46 pm

Aust's memory was acting up again. He thought he should be in a dungeon with the others seeking out the Litch King, but instead he was here, standing outside a book store as if he was going to go inside. Then he remembered why he'd come here and went to open the door. AS he did, a small [?(he's 6ft 7in)] girl opened the door and faced him.

((OOC: That ok?))

Last edited by xbsquirrel on Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Skootle
Admin
Skootle

Roleplay... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay...   Roleplay... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 9:49 pm

(OOC: yeah, she's only like... 5'8, my height XD)

Riddel looked up at him, a little surprised. But she quickly regained herself. "Oh, hello sir. Did you need something?" She gestured back into the library. "I can help you, if you need anything. My name is Rayne," she ended with a little smile.
Back to top Go down
xbsquirrel
xbsquirrel

Personal Quote : I'll respect what you like even if I don't like it as long as you respect what I like.

Roleplay... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay...   Roleplay... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 9:55 pm

Aust smiled. "I seem to be looking for a book. I hope I've come to the right place." he said. What really made him smile was that he wasn't so alone now. Of course, determining what breed of half dragon she was would be difficult unless he asked, but he felt it best not to right now.

((OOC: Since he's a D&D character, I playing him like I would in D&D, where some dragons/elves are immune to certain illusion/sleep/draining spells. Hope you don't mind.))
Back to top Go down
Skootle
Admin
Skootle

Roleplay... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay...   Roleplay... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 9:59 pm

OOC: Yeah, Riddel's race is one of the strongest, and immune to stuff like that. btw, she's got an illusion spell on her wings, but other part dragons can see through it.

She smiled cheerfully. "Well, this is the library." She opened the door wider and let him inside. "What are you looking for, in particular? We have one of the biggest collections of books in Aevalyn." She looked very proud when she mentioned this.
Back to top Go down
xbsquirrel
xbsquirrel

Roleplay... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay...   Roleplay... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 10:07 pm

Aust looked around. "Well, this is a big collection. Mind if I set my stuff down while we look for the book I need?"
Back to top Go down
Skootle
Admin
Skootle

Roleplay... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay...   Roleplay... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 10:12 pm

"No problem at all," She looks around for Mr. Heller, but he's not there. She shows him a table where he can set down his stuff. "I hope we can find what you're looking for"
Back to top Go down
xbsquirrel
xbsquirrel

Roleplay... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay...   Roleplay... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 10:19 pm

Aust smiled and took his worn brown cloack off. Once off, he unattached his Greatsword's sheat from his back and set it on the table. How he was able to hide a 5ft sword under his cloack he'd never figure out. Once that was off he took off his backpack from his broad sholders, leaving him covered neck to foot in sapphire blue full plate mail with gold wave and fish motifs, which helped offset his short black hair, white eyes, and the silver tint and glimmer to his skin. "So, which section would the books on ancient monsters and artifacts be in?" He asked looking at RAyne.

((OOC: Thank god I found that book.))
Back to top Go down
Skootle
Admin
Skootle

Roleplay... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay...   Roleplay... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 10:24 pm

Riddel looks impressed at his armor, but leads him to a large sections of books, who's binding looks worn from use. "I must admit, my knowlegde about monsters is rather lacking, but I know about artifacts when I was back home I had a study that was about as big as this full of books-" she stopped short and reminded herself that she was in hiding, and didn't want anyone to find out about her being the lost ruler of drakith. "But... yes, this is the section you'll want."
Back to top Go down
xbsquirrel
xbsquirrel

Roleplay... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay...   Roleplay... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 10:29 pm

Aust paused what he was going to say and thought now would be a good time to try and find out some more about his new half dragon aquantince. "Yes, there are a lot of books. Reminds me of candlkeep. I once found a tome of spells when I was younger and all it had were levitation spells, but my wings were better than all of them combined. How about you?" he said pulling out a tomb and opening it to some random spot.
Back to top Go down
Skootle
Admin
Skootle

Roleplay... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay...   Roleplay... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 10:33 pm

Pausing slightly before answering, she said, "I've always... found levitating spells a bit useless, yes." She smiled. "Wings are helpful in that aspect. You study magic long?" She said, obviously making an attempt to switch the focus of the conversation to him.
Back to top Go down
xbsquirrel
xbsquirrel

Roleplay... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay...   Roleplay... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 10:39 pm

"Nope. Not a day in my life. I could because of the dragon and elf blood in my veins, but I've always found it to be more fun to kill the evil monster attacking the village or ravaging the countryside. I've especially found it fun to to go out for a quick ride on a thermal and stretch my wings every once in a while. I was thinking about it after I got done looking for what I needed in here. I don't see how you can stand it in here, it's so cramped. Say, care to go for a flight after we're done?" he said closing the tome, putting it back and grabbing another.

"You know, it just dawned on me. I'm probably scaring you aren't I? Well, I didn't mean to" he said opening the next tome and flipping to a random page.
Back to top Go down
Skootle
Admin
Skootle

Roleplay... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay...   Roleplay... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 10:43 pm

Smiling broadly, she replied, "No, not at all. I used to fly all the time, and loved the feeling of the wind rushing over me, " her eyes looked filled with the memories. "But... but after..." Then she hushed her voice, and looked at him seriously. "Can I... can I trust you?"

OOC: Riddel is so easy to get info out of XD XD
Back to top Go down
xbsquirrel
xbsquirrel

Roleplay... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay...   Roleplay... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 10:49 pm

Aust sighed. "Look, If I wanted to do any harm to you at all, I could have the second I saw you with my ice breath. Sub-zero temperatures would have killed you on contact and we wouldn't be talking about this."

"Personally, I don't hurt people, especially women and children, unless they're trying to hurt someone else after I find out what's going on or unless they're a monster or evil spell-caster in disguise." Aust closed the tome.

"I'm just curious because you're the first half dragon I've met here besides myself. If you don't belive I'm a half dragon, giev me a minute and I'll prove it" he said putting it back and looking to Rayne.
Back to top Go down
Skootle
Admin
Skootle

Roleplay... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay...   Roleplay... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 10:55 pm

Riddel nodded. "I believe you. I can tell. I haven't met an other half-dragons either, excluding my brother. Maybe that's why I trust you?" she sighed, shaking her head. "My brother and I are actually in hiding right now, and we have been, since Drakith was attacked. I'm actually Riddel, the ruler, of that broken land... That's why I stay here, it's out of the way, and no one would think to look for me here. But... It's so good to see another part dragon." She smiled up cheerfully at him.
Back to top Go down
xbsquirrel
xbsquirrel

Roleplay... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay...   Roleplay... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 11:01 pm

Aust face lit up. "A quest!" He lowered himself to one knee and bowed. "Milady, it would be an honor to act as a sword-arm for you if you decide to claim what is yours by birthright or just to protect you while in exile. As a member of the clan Xilosent, I will gladly lay down my life." Aust was overjoyed. It'd been so long since he'd been questing. His spirits had grown lax in the years since he'd been in actuall combat or even done a quest.

((OOC: It's been 4 years since I've moved to TN and I haven't been able to use Aust as all. *bangs head on desk*))
Back to top Go down
Skootle
Admin
Skootle

Roleplay... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay...   Roleplay... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 11:06 pm

Riddel blushed slightly. "I thank you, it's... it's a pleasure to have you our service. You'll have to..." her face fell slightly. "You'll have to convicne my brother, though, and that wont be an easy feat. He is extremely uneasy about new comers, and I can scarely blame him. Since our kingdom was destroyed... He yearsn to rebuild it, but we don't believe we have the power to protect anything, let a lone an entire kingdom..." She trailed off. But then she smiled again. "I think we'll convince him."

(OOC: I'm so sorry!!!! 4 years is....SOO long >.<)
Back to top Go down
xbsquirrel
xbsquirrel

Roleplay... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay...   Roleplay... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 11:11 pm

Aust stood up. "How old is your brother? I have an idea that might work as a last resort if we can't rason with him." Aust said as he walked back into the main room. "But first, I'd like to strech my wings for a second. Would you mind if I did?"

((OOC:No problem. I have played D&D since then, maybe three times, but either someone else was the DM or it would've taken too long since I was teaching others how to play.))
Back to top Go down
Skootle
Admin
Skootle

Roleplay... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay...   Roleplay... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 11:13 pm

Riddel "We're twins, so he is nineteen, the same as me. But no, that's fine. It's been a while since I've seen any wings besides mine. I think humans look so oddly propotioned without them," she ended with a small smirk.
Back to top Go down
xbsquirrel
xbsquirrel

Roleplay... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay...   Roleplay... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 11:18 pm

Aust simled. "Thank you."

He reached down and twisted a knob on his belt. The back of his armor started to move with a hiss or two and slid away to reveal the back of his shirt. He leaned down onto the table and braced himslef. "Here they com---ow!!!!!" he said as his giant pair of silver and white dragon wings exanded out from his back. Once they were completely out, he flexed his 15ft (from one side to another) wings before folding them against his back. "Much better."

((OOC: I found in a Dragon magazine a "colapsable armor" belt that stored the armor inside the belt. After talking with my Dad, I was able to merge it with my armor, so I have collapsable full plate of the deep.))
Back to top Go down
Skootle
Admin
Skootle

Roleplay... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay...   Roleplay... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 11:24 pm

Riddel smiled broadly. "That's very impressive...sir..." she laughed shortly. "I realized, I don't even know your name. I'm spilling out family secrets and I don't even know your name." then she smiled again. "Would you care to see mine?"
Back to top Go down
xbsquirrel
xbsquirrel

Roleplay... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay...   Roleplay... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 11:27 pm

"Oh, sorry. I'm Aust. Aust Xilosent." He said as he folded his wings back inside. "Only if you want to." His back armor came back out and he sat down in one of the chairs.
Back to top Go down
Skootle
Admin
Skootle

Roleplay... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay...   Roleplay... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 11:31 pm

She sat across from him. "Well... I probably shouldn't... This isn't the safest of places to say that you're from Drakith. Tahir, the ruler of Firel, has been looking for us, or anyone that knows anything about us. He's the one that attacked us and destroyed our kingdom." Changing the subject, she asked, "So, how do you think you'll convince my brother?"
Back to top Go down
xbsquirrel
xbsquirrel

Roleplay... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay...   Roleplay... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 11:34 pm

"Well, one of the ways my mentor taught me was he said 'Aust, try to get past me' and gave me a swrod and drew his. I figure that if I stand between the both of you and tell him to get past me and he can't, I might be able to show him that he needs all the help he can get and that I'm pretty strong." Aust said with a smile. "By the way, where's Drakith? I've never heard of it. Or Firel."
Back to top Go down
Skootle
Admin
Skootle

Roleplay... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay...   Roleplay... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 11:39 pm

"oh, were in Firel currently. Here..." She scurries off and returns with a large map, with a large continent in the middle. "This is Aevalyn," She says pointing to the whole thing. It's shaped faintly like a sheild. "Over to the right, is Firel, where we are now, and the left is drakith. Up north is grayen, and to the south is the small village of coral. I know there are other continents, but I don't know much about them. Also, these are only the main kingdoms, there are other smallers one scattered through-out."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Roleplay... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay...   Roleplay... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Roleplay...
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aevalyn :: Aevalyn Rpg-
Jump to: